WHAT TO EXPECT DURING A TREATMENT :
- 48 hours before your treatment start time you will be sent a Covid-19 Screening form for you to fill out online. Please fill this out before you arrive for your treatment. You will then verbally go through a BC self Assessment before entering the treatment room.
- Please wait outside or in your car for your treatment. Your therapist will come and get you when they’re ready for you to come in. This is to maintain social distancing with other therapists and patients in the clinic and also so that the therapist can conduct a thorough cleaning and sterilization of the clinic before your treatment.
- When you enter the clinic door please use the hand sanitizer provided and don your mask at that time.
- You will be required to wear a mask during your treatment and for the entirety of your time in the clinic. You are welcome to bring your own mask, or purchase a mask from the clinic for $2.00.
- The therapist will also be wearing a mask for the treatment and the entirety of your time in the clinic.
- All of us at the clinic will be conducting the BC Covid-19 Self Assessment Screening prior to starting each work day. We will share our results with you prior to your appointment .
- Please bring your own water. We will no longer be able to provide glasses of water after a treatment.
- Please use the washroom before arriving at the clinic. We would like to discourage the use of the clinic washroom as much as possible to limit contact points during your time in the clinic space.
- Patients will now be required to enter credit card information in order to book online. In an attempt to minimize contact points within the clinic we will be shifting more payments to the Jane Payment online system so payments can be processed with no need to touch a POS machine. Please let your therapist know if you prefer an alternate form of payment to the credit card used for booking, before entering the treatment room.
- If you still prefer to pay with E-transfer or Debit Card we will still continue to accept those methods.
- Receipts will no longer be printed. We will only offer emailed receipts going forward.
- Rigorous hand washing is the name of the game. Therapists will be thoroughly washing their hands for at least 20 seconds before and after each treatment as has always been the standard of practice at Knead. Therefore we will not be wearing gloves for treatment.
- Both patient and therapist will be required to wear masks throughout the treatment. Temporomandibular Jaw (TMJ) treatment will not be offered for the time being.
- Patients may supply their own mask, or disposable masks will be provided at the clinic for a fee of $2.00 to cover the costs.
- PPE is in short supply, even for front-line workers, and additional PPE to above mentioned will not be available on request at this time.
COVID-19 PATIENT SCREENING
- All patients will be screened a minimum of 2 separate times for Covid-19 symptoms.
- We reserve the right to decline treatment at any time during those screenings or during treatment if we feel you are unwell or may be at risk of carrying Covid-19.
- Please do not hesitate to cancel at anytime if you are feeling unwell (because of Covid OR otherwise!), have been in contact with someone with Covid-19, or have travelled out of the community in the 14 days previous to your treatment.
- There are no cancellation fees for cancelling due to illness. Not now. Not ever.
- Please do not come in if you’re unwell.
- If you’re unwell don’t come in.
- Have a sniffle? Stay home!
- Went skiing at Lake Louise? We’ll see you in a couple of weeks.
- Feeling feverish? Sorry amigo.
- Did you just mention your uncle has Covid-19 and you two hung out 2 days ago without any PPE or social distancing, even though we’re 10 minutes into a treatment? I’m sorry to tell you, but the treatment is over and I’m going to please ask you to get dressed and make your way home and call 8-1-1 for more information and direction.
- Get what I’m saying?
A FEW EXTRA TIDBITS
- Please arrive on time. We will not be able to accommodate more time at the end of your treatment if you’re late.
- Please arrive to your appointment alone unless requiring a companion.